Tuesday, January 5, 2010

With A Little Help From My Friends

Good evening, there! I hope the day has been treating you as well as it has treated me. I'm about to get set off in the kitchen for some culinary adventure but wanted to share a find with you all.

For those who like vegetarian and vegan food out there, I came across an Etsy seller a few months back who makes various vegetarian items such as seitan, veggie hot wings, and veggie chicken nuggets all from scratch and from whole foods. What a wonderful talent and how nice it would be to replace the processed, frozen vegetarian items we buy in stores with something homemade and more healthy.

Not too long after I became aware of the seller I noticed that items were not being posted in the shop anymore and popped in to see if the owner was on holiday or closed up. To my shock, I saw a note that informed me that she had recently become homeless and could not sell her foods and goods. It is painful to hear of such a serious misfortune when we live in a country where want and need are almost always met.

Then, this week I was looking through my favorite sellers and saw items up for sale again in her shop and popped in once more to find that she is still homeless but is selling her recipes for about $2 each. I bought 3 and she sent me 5 in my E-mail within about a day. I'm not sure how I can help, but I thought this was the best I could do: spread the word and hopefully drum up some interest so she can make a little more money. The shop can be found at



Stop by and take a look if you can or maybe even just send a convo message of support.

Thanks for reading!

Jamie

P.S. - For those who are new around here, I'm Josh's wife and will be posting here from time to time too. You can check out my blog if you'd like over at: http://sendingsmokesignals.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment